KFOR / KAUT Junior Meteorologist Contest
1. Sponsors. This contest (“Contest”) is sponsored by KFOR/KAUT (“Station”), 444 East Britton Road, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73114, Maupin Roofing and Construction, 10601 S Western Ave, Suite 105, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73170, (collectively, the “Sponsor(s)”). This Contest is void where taxed, restricted, or prohibited and is subject to all local, state, and federal laws. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor(s), which shall be final and not subject to appeal.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter. The Contest is open to permanent legal U.S. residents who reside within KFOR/KAUT viewing area, who are 18 years of age or older, and are a parent or legal guardian of a child 5 to 12 years of age at the time of entry. Current or former employees of KFOR/KAUT, Nexstar Media Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries, the other Sponsors, the other television and radio stations and multichannel video programming distributors in KFOR/KAUT viewing area, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies (including anyone who prepares and/or distributes Contest materials), and the immediate family members or persons living in the same household (whether related or not) of all the foregoing are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
Participants are eligible to win a KFOR/KAUT contest or sweepstakes only once every 30 days. Only one winner per household is permitted in any contest or sweepstakes. Participants are eligible to win a prize valued at $600.00 or more only once every six months. Text, data, or messaging rates may apply.
3. Entry. This Contest will begin on Monday, March 1, 2021 at 1:00AM CST and continue indefinitely. This end date is subject to change without notification. To enter the Contest, the entrants will fill out the entry form on the Junior Meteorologist webpage at https://kfor.com/juniorweather and will include the parent’s (or legal guardian’s) name, parent’s (or legal guardian’s) email address, parent’s (or legal guardian’s) phone number, child’s name, child’s birthday, child’s city, child’s state, child’s zip code, a photo(s) and/or video of their child pretending to deliver a weather forecast similar to that of a television meteorologist, and a brief description of why their child should be chosen to win. Video entries must be 30-seconds or less in length. One entry/entries per person will be accepted.
The parent or legal guardian will acknowledge online with their contest submission that the Station has the right to broadcast and distribute their child’s name, image, likeness, voice, entry materials, and biographical information in any media whatsoever, including air on the Station and the Station’s website, for any purpose whatsoever, worldwide, in perpetuity, without any further notice or authorization from or compensation to the participant.
Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for technical or computer, telephone service outages, delays, equipment malfunctions, busy signals, hang-ups, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable connections, or late, lost, failed, illegible, incomplete, garbled or deleted entries, transmissions, or voicemails or other network or technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or online entry, or for printing errors in any advertisement, entry form, or the rules.
If the Contest is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted online at www.kfor.com. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entrant that tampers with the operation of the Contest or website or violates the Official Rules of the Contest. Entries not conforming to announced entry specifications will not be acknowledged or returned.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE OR SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
4. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number and caliber of eligible entries.
5. Photo, Video, and Description Restrictions. Photos, Videos, and descriptions of the entrants/participants may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, any content that: is obscene, offensive, sexually explicit or suggestive; violent; derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; endorses any form of hate or hate group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity; promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message; contains products or trademarks of any Sponsor competitor; defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about any person or company; contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission, to the extent permission is necessary; contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including, without limitation, photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission, to the extent permission is necessary; contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission, to the extent permission is necessary; contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead; communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and/or violates any law or regulation.
By entering this Contest, entrant acknowledges and agrees that all entries become the property of the Sponsors and will not be returned or acknowledged. To be eligible, an entry must be the entrant’s original photo/video, may not have been entered in any other contest, won any other prize or have been previously published in any other medium. In connection with an entrant’s submission, the entrant affirms, represents, and/or warrants that: (i) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to use and authorize the Sponsors to use all copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights in and to such submission to enable inclusion and use of the submission in the manner contemplated by these Contest rules; and (ii) if applicable, entrant has the written consent, release and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person (or, if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) in the submission to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of the submission in the matter contemplated by these Contest rules. The Sponsors reserve the right to reject and disqualify any submissions that do not meet the terms and conditions of these Contest rules. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor(S) from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof will render entry null and void.
6. Judging. On Monday of each week, beginning on March 8, 2021, that week’s winner will be selected by the 4Warn Storm Team Meteorologists from all of the eligible entries, based on the following criteria and selection process:
33 points: Child’s use of hand movements in the video or photo to depict the weather forecast.
33 points: Quality of the video or photo for broadcast use.
34 points: Overall excitement and enthusiasm shown by the child in the photo or video in demonstrating their weather forecast.
The highest score among all the eligible entries at the time of judging will be that week’s winning junior weather caster.
Winner(s) will be required to provide a valid government issued photo identification card and to execute an affidavit of eligibility and publicity and liability release prior to having their child’s junior meteorologist segment broadcast on KFOR / KAUT. Failure by the winner(s) to respond to the Station’s messages, calls, e-mails or other notification in a timely manner will lead to the disqualification of their entry and they will be removed from the contest for any future consideration. The Station then has the right, at its discretion, to award that prize to another winner using the method described above. A winner who forfeits any prize is not eligible to win another contest or sweepstakes conducted by the Station for thirty (30) days.
The weekly winner’s parent or legal guardian will be notified that they won by phone or e-mail. The winning child’s name, city, entry materials, and photo(s) or video will broadcast during the weekly Junior Meteorologist news segment in the subsequent Thursday’s KFOR newscast at 6:00AM – 7:00AM CST and KAUT newscast at 7:00AM – 9:00AM CST.
7. Prize(s). Each weekly winner will have their photo(s) or video broadcast during the weekly Junior Meteorologist news segment in the subsequent Thursday’s KFOR newscast at 6:00AM – 7:00AM CST and KAUT newscast at 7:00AM – 9:00AM CST. The winners, parent or legal guardian, will be contacted by a representative of the Sponsors, and must reply within 48 hours to receive their prize. Prizes may not be exchanged, substituted, transferred or redeemed for other prizes by winner. Cash will not be awarded as a substitute for prize. Prizes are awarded ‘as is’ with no guarantees or warranties as to use, merchantability, or fitness for a specific purpose, and the Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for defective prizes. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to substitute a prize in their sole discretion without an on-air or off-air announcement, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Other terms and conditions may apply.
8. Conditions for Acceptance of the Prize(s). Winner(s) must execute an affidavit of eligibility and publicity and liability release prior to receiving their prize. All unclaimed or rejected prizes will be forfeited. Failure by the winner(s) to respond to the Station’s messages, calls, e-mails or other notification will lead to forfeiture of the prize. Failure to completely fill out and sign all waivers, releases, or forms requested by the Station will result in forfeiture of the prize. A winner who forfeits any prize is not eligible to win another contest or sweepstakes conducted by the Station for thirty (30) days.
Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner(s) and the winner(s) may receive an IRS 1099 Form or equivalent from the Sponsor(s). The Sponsor(s) will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) is/are required to fill out any tax forms requested by the Sponsor(s) in order to receive their prize.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all license and registration fees, accommodations, transportation costs, gratuities and all other items of an incidental nature. All expenses on receipt and use of prize(s) are the sole responsibility of the winner(s), the Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for any weather changes or extenuating circumstances relating to a prize received. The Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for replacing or reimbursing winners with any form of compensation for events that are delayed or canceled. All delays and cancellations are deemed beyond the control of the Sponsor(s). This includes, but is not limited to, event cancellations, trip schedule changes, flight cancellations, changes in travel arrangements, travel delays of any form and duration, game cancellations and delays, as well as all acts of nature. The Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for any expenses incurred by Contest winners as a result of such delays or cancellations. Sponsor(s) will not be responsible for failure to supply the prize(s) by reason of any force majeure events, such as acts of God, war, terrorist attacks, unusually severe weather, labor strikes, or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor(s).
By accepting the prize, the winner or winners (or, in the case of a minor, their parent/legal guardian) agree to have their name, voice, likeness, biographical information, and entry materials used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, and in any media whatsoever, including the Station and on www.kfor.com, for any purpose whatsoever, worldwide, in perpetuity, without any further authorization or compensation to the winner(s).
9. Social Media. For contests or sweepstakes conducted or promoted on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, iHeartRadio, or any other social media website (each a “Social Media Site” and collectively the “Social Media Sites”), the Sponsors reserve the right to void any entrant’s entry in the Contest for failure to abide by the guidelines, policies, or procedures of the applicable Social Media Site, and to delete or remove any of entrant’s related “Likes,” comments, posts, tweets, videos, photos, user generated content, or other electronic messages, communications, or submissions at their discretion. The Sponsors also reserve the right to block, ignore, report, and/or completely prevent any entrant, account, user, or profile from accessing the Contest and/or the Sponsors’ profile(s), account(s), website(s), blog(s) or handle(s). This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the Social Media Sites. By entering this Contest, entrants agree to release and hold the Social Media Sites harmless from any or all claims, liability, damages, judgments, fines, costs, expenses related to or associated with their participation in this Contest. Entrants understand that by logging-in to the applicable Social Media Site, that they agree to comply with the Social Media Site’s Terms of Service, and that their personal information is subject to the Privacy Policies and information collection practices of the Social Media Site. Entrants agree that the Sponsors are not responsible for the collection, disclosure, transfer, or dissemination of their personal information, whether directly or indirectly, by third party advertisers, marketers, or any other transferees. For entries submitted through the Social Media Sites, the Sponsors may be limited to using the information in a manner set forth by the Social Media Sites and in no other way.
10. Limitation on Liability. Sponsor(s) disclaim(s) all liabilities to the winner(s) with respect to receipt and use of the prize(s). Winners and their guests or travel companions, by acceptance of their prize(s), agree to release and hold the Sponsor(s) and its/their affiliated companies, their advertising, promotion and production agencies, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives harmless from any and all liability, claims, causes of actions, damages, fines, and costs of any kind whatsoever (including reasonable attorney’s fees) which may be sustained directly or indirectly to persons or property in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any Contest or prize-related activity.
11. Reservation of Rights. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to make changes to these Official Rules in their sole discretion which will become effective upon announcement. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to cancel or terminate this Contest for any reason in the event it cannot be run or be administered as intended by the Sponsor(s). Any such changes or termination will be announced on www.kfor.com.
12. Contact Information. For questions or more information about this Contest, please contact KFOR/KAUT at 444 East Britton Road, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73114. For a copy of these rules, addendum, and/or list of winners please go to www.kfor.com or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to KFOR/KAUT within sixty (60) days of the end of this Contest.