KFOR-TV David Stanley Ford High School Senior Athlete of the Week
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE'S CHANCES OF WINNING. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
ALL FORMS MUST BE FILLED OUT COMPLETELY AND TRUTHFULLY. FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION AND PROVIDE TRUTHFUL AND PERTINENT INFORMATION MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. DISQUALIFICATION IS IN THE SOLE DISCRETION OF KFOR-TV AND/OR LOCAL TV, LLC.
KFOR-TV will conduct the David Stanley Ford High School Senior Athlete of the Week Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) substantially as described in these Official Rules (“Rules”). Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules. This Sweepstakes may be temporarily postponed or discontinued at any time without prior notice. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited and is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
This Sweepstakes, and all Sweepstakes material, is © 2011 by Local TV LLC. All rights reserved.
1. Eligibility: Entrants must be legal US residents, at least 16 years old and be in the 12th grade of high school, as determined by KFOR-TV and reside in the Oklahoma City Designated Market Area as defined by The Nielsen Company. Employees of KFOR-TV, Local TV LLC (collectively, the “Sponsor”), the Sweepstakes’ participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other television or radio stations, and members of the immediate families of such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, and any other person residing at the same household whether or not related. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on Monday, August 8, 2011 at 12:01 am Central Time and ends on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 at 11:59 pm Central Time. KFOR-TV reserves the right to shorten or extend the Sweepstakes Period.
3. Sweepstakes Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes, register and submit your entry at http://www.kfor.com/athlete from August 8th, 2011 to May 22nd, 2012. On the sweepstakes web page, enter the nominees name, address, phone number, email address, photo, and a description of why this nominee should be the senior athlete of the week. Each week a panel of judges will choose one athlete as the senior athlete of the week and announce the winner in the Wednesday night broadcasts of the 10:00 pm central time newscast on KFOR-TV. During the sweepstakes period, a total of 39 athletes will be chosen as the senior athlete of the week. At the end of the sweepstakes, one athlete will be chosen by a panel of judges to be the grand prize winner of this sweepstakes. All entries become the property of KFOR-TV and will not be returned. Information provided is being disclosed to Sponsor and not to Facebook. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Multiple entries by means of software-generated or other automated processes will be disregarded. Only one prize per person, household, or email address allowed.
4. Prize: David Stanley Ford will provide one grand prize winner a $1,000 college scholarship that can be used at the college institution of their choice. All 39 weekly winners will receive a plaque from David Stanley Ford. The total value of the scholarship is $1,000. The estimated retail value of the plaque is $75. Any senior athlete of the week that fails to graduate high school after the 2011-2012 school year will be ineligible to receive the $1,000 college scholarship.
5. Winner Notifications: All Sweepstakes winners will be invited to attend a special awards ceremony by email or phone after 12:00 pm Central Time on May 31, 2012. You must have a valid email address or phone number where we can notify you, or Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to another winner. At the special awards ceremony, all sweepstakes winners will receive their plaques and the grand prize winner will receive the $1,000 college scholarship.
6. Prize Acceptance/Restrictions: Only one (1) winner per household. Winners are subject to verification by KFOR-TV of the winner’s name, age, address, phone number, and Social Security number (where the prize value is equal to or greater than $600.00). In order to claim his or her prize, each winner must appear in person at the business offices of KFOR-TV, located at 444 East Britton Road, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73114. Winners will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity. Failure to do so will disqualify the winner. No entries from individuals under the age of 18 will be accepted. If a winner is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or to not award that winner’s prize at all. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by any winner. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferrable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason. Costs of transportation and accommodations, where applicable, are the sole responsibility of the winners.
7. Publicity Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant acknowledges that his/her entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes that entrant’s consent to use, publish, reproduce and for all purposes, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, the Internet, television or offline promotions), each winner’s name, voice, likeness, and any portion thereof, each extending throughout the universe and in perpetuity without further compensation, credit or right of review or approval, except where prohibited by law.
8. Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer: Sponsor disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond Sponsor’s control, or otherwise. Sponsor disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. Sponsor is not responsible for mechanical, technical, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions, or failures of any kind, including failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmission of entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Sweepstakes if it becomes technically corrupted.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT, OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND TO DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY OTHER SWEEPSTAKES.
9. Taxes: Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to KFOR-TV, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. All taxes, including federal, state, and local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Any person winning over $600.00 in total prizes will receive a 1099 form from Sponsor at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form should be filed with the IRS. Each winner must provide Sponsor with valid identification, and a valid taxpayer identification number or Social Security number for total prizes valued at $600.00 or more, before any prize will be awarded.
10. Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, interruption in wireless calling devices or wireless service, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, (b) the Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these Rules, (c) the Sweepstakes becomes corrupted due to wireless calling service interruption for any reason, or (d) the Sweepstakes is otherwise not capable of running as planned. By entering, entrants represent that they are eligible and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules and the decisions of any judges. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Sweepstakes in any way or use fraudulent means to participate in and/or win the Sweepstakes shall be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant at any time, for any reason, including, without limitation, language, activities or behavior deemed inappropriate. Sponsor and their advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for cancellations, postponements, or delays. Other than the prizes received by the winner, no entrant shall be entitled to receive any wages, benefits, fees or other compensation whatsoever as a result of participating in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor shall have the sole discretion to administer the Sweepstakes and interpret and apply the Official Rules.
11. Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless KFOR-TV, Local TV, LLC, Facebook, and their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including but not limited to death or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize. In consideration for his or her participation in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, including attorneys’ fees.
12. Limitation of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information or other errors in the printing, offering or administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize(s) and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, or wireless calling service, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other conditions, (ii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, telephone service problems, human error, or wireless calling service, (iii) communication line, hardware and/or software failures, malfunction of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines, other communications malfunctions, unavailable network connections, cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless service, (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, or damage to mobile phone or other PDA device, (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vi) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, and/or unintelligible (or any combination thereof). Any expenses incurred by the entrant during the application process, including but not limited to, postage are the sole responsibility of each entrant and the Sponsor will not issue reimbursement for any expenses.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES.
13. Choice of Law/Forum: All entrants agree, by participation in the Sweepstakes, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Oklahoma. Oklahoma law shall govern this Sweepstakes, without regard Oklahoma’s choice of law rules. The courts of Oklahoma shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute regarding any Rule or activity associated with the Sweepstakes.
14. Official Rules: To request a copy of the Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to KFOR-TV, located at 444 East Britton Road, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73114, by September 2, 2011. Written copies of these Rules are also available during normal business hours from 8:30 am CST to 5:00 pm CST at KFOR-TV’s business offices or online at www.kfor.com.
15. Names of Winners: For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to KFOR-TV, located at 444 East Britton Road, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73114, or appear in person at that location between normal business hours from 8:30 am CST to 5:00 pm CST after July 7, 2011.
16. Compliance with Law: The conduct of the Sweepstakes is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Sponsor shall follow the applicable laws for conducting Sweepstakes.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.